Building $1000 Gaming PC with 12 Yr Old Son

Building gaming PC for about $1000 to replace 12 yr old my son's Xbox One S. He plays mostly Fortnite and Rocket League. PC will be used for video editing as well.
Below link includes the current parts list. 
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=4348463d-2fc6-4ae1-b65d-2d7b7cda5ef0
Appreciate your taking time to review and comment, thanks!

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Build is pretty solid overall! One thing I'd definitely change would be gettinga set of DDR4-3600 memory. 3600 is the sweetspot for Ryzen third generation and it should have some performance gain. The 3700X should do well for video editing and rendering and can pair well with future GPU upgrades for if/when you decide you want something more powerful than the RX580. 

I'm not personally a huge fan of the Lancool II, but that's just me. I tend to prefer mid-tower cases as opposed to full. 
  • Great, appreciate your feedback. I read another post where you recommended the Cooler Master NR600 case. Will consider that option. Thanks!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    JonL said:
    Great, appreciate your feedback. I read another post where you recommended the Cooler Master NR600 case. Will consider that option. Thanks!
    Yeah the NR600, NZXT H510 and Lian Li 205 are my general recommendations for people leaning towards a more budget or mid-range category. I think you'd be fine with any of those. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99