Building my first PC, I need a second opinion before I buy everything - budget 1700 for the tower

I just finished building my parts list I was hoping to be able to buy everything from micro center, so if you have replacements of these things that are in stock at the St. Louis Park Micro Center please recommend them. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with my build if there is please let me know. I am totally open to recommendations and suggestions. I know my case is overkill im planning on upgrading to water cooling in the near future, and I like the look of it. Also, I was planning on getting a Viotek monitor if any of you have one please let me know if they're nice or sketchy, I just wanted to get one to save money.
I need this pc to be able to support double 1440p monitors, one for gaming the other for streaming at the same time (I won't be running games on two monitors simultaneously). I would ideally like to have games be running at least at 60Hz ideally at 144Hz. I mainly play star citizen, I also do a lot of 3D rendering for my job, and I do a lot of video editing. If you have any suggestions or advice please let me know. 
Thank you
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rrZvXv
CPU: *AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($719.99 @ Walmart) 
Case: Lian Li O11D XL-W ATX Full Tower Case  ($215.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($127.99 @ Adorama) 
Case Fan: PC Cooler Moonlight 54 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack 
Monitor: VIOTEK GN27D 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($269.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $2113.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-30 12:59 EDT-0400

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Overall the build looks solid. 

However, since you do a lot of video editing and rendering, you may want to switch a couple things around. You can switch to a different case than the PC-O11 Dynamic that costs a little less, then put that cost towards a 3900X for your CPU which would be a nice performance increase over the 3700X with the extra 4 cores. 

I put this together with things currently available at the St. Louis Park store:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=917cde60-487a-4f51-8481-6aea71a135a5

The primary difference is we ditch the PC-O11 case, and extra case fans (which I noticed didn't have a price listed on your build), in favor of a Fractal Design Meshify C + a 240mm AIO liquid cooler and a Ryzen 9 3900X. 

The reason I included the liquid cooler is because it will allow for better turbo speeds under sustained workloads for the 3900X vs the stock cooler. If you want you can use the stock Wraith Prism that comes with the 3900X. It won't really make any difference in gaming, but in those rendering and video editing scenarios the extra boost afforded to you by the superior cooling of the liquid cooler will probably be worth it. 

Some other minor differences are the Motherboard, PSU, SSD, RAM and monitor. We didn't have the same parts from your PC Part Picker list, so I went with the closest equivalents that I felt would be good replacements. The cost shifted around a bit, but overall it's pretty close to your build cost. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99