Will this build work? Looking for the best parts to complement the intel core i9-10900k

Options
As a note, I do not have a graphics card chosen because I don't play any video games, I just need a fast single core and multi core performance (with a lot of overclocking) for music production, which can be very cpu intensive. I'm looking for the best parts to complement the intel core i9-10900k
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=4f58a877-ceb4-41aa-9c5e-6e26fbf0b17d

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    First thing I noticed is you chose two CPU coolers. You can drop the Thermaltake UX100 and stick with the H100i. 

Depending on how multi-core intensive you get with the software you use I'd recommend taking a look at the Ryzen 9 3900X or Ryzen 9 3950X, you'd just have to supplement them with a small video card since they don't have integrated graphics, but you wouldn't need anything fancy. Both the Ryzen 9 chips have an advantage in core/thread count so if you get heavily multi-threaded they'll perform better in those scenarios. They do fall behind in single-thread performance so it really just depends on your use case, but I figured it'd be good to at least compare them. 

Otherwise, the build is good and I don't have any qualms with anything you chose. You don't HAVE to spend that much on a case if all you want is performance, but it looks like you're going for some aesthetics as well and the PC-O11 does look good. 
  • JoeHarbaugh
    Options
    do i need a graphics card? does the  i9-10900k or motherboard have a graphics card? Will everything fit inside this case? on pcpartpicker, they give compatibility notes. two notes I received on one build said:
    Note:The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.
    Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

should I be worried about these issues with this build?

from what i've seen on youtube, for music production, single core performance is probably the most important thing as when there are multiple plugins on one track - it is all handled thru a single core, as music production use serial processing vs video editing and video games which use parallel processing, music production does use parallel processing with multiple channels- thus I think the i9-10900k would be better than the ryzen 9 3900x, however the ryzen 9 3900x I read does not heat up as much..
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you think your workload will consistently be able to saturate the full 12 cores/24 threads on the 3900X, it will beat the 10900K which only has 10 cores/20 threads. In situations that use less cores, the 10900k will win. If what you're doing with your music production software willy rely more on single-core vs multi-core, then the 10900k would be the better choice. Either way, I think you'd happy. 

The i9-10900k comes with integrated graphics so you don't need a separate graphics card for it. 

Yes, everything you chose will fit inside your case. The PC-O11 has more than enough room for everything you chose, honestly you could go with a smaller case and still have plenty of room since you don't have a GPU. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99