4 motherboard led issue

Options
I am trying to build my first PC. When I plug in my Asus B450-F to my Seasonic Focus Gx-750 and turn it on the Asus logo lights up but the 4 leds on the motherboard don’t. In the manual it sounds like all 4 lights should light up. Can anyone help?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings,

They're visual indicators for the POST test. They should light up and go out for each device that passes. They may not light up at all, but it's odd that you're not seeing any activity. Verify your 4+4 8 pin CPU power cable is attached. Without this, it'll hang prior to CPU initialization and you won't get anything. If you had a QCode reader, you'd be sitting on a 00.
  • sgar7
    Options
    Thanks,

The 4 + 4 8 pin cpu power cable is connected as well as the 24 + 8 pin cable. There is one stick of ram in the 4th Dimm and the CPU cooler is plugged in. Could there be any other reason the lights or the computer is not booting?

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    When you say you turned the PC on, did you mean you turned the switch on the power supply, or used the power button on your computer's case? Just flipping the switch on the PSU won't actually turn the system fully on, you have to plug in your front panel cables on your case and use the power button. 

What processor are you using, and do you have a GPU installed as well?
  • sgar7
    Options
    I have flipped the switch and pressed the power button. Will holding it work? I am using 3700x and 5700xt. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you press the power button, does anything happen? Do any fans start spinning or any more lights turn on? 
  • sgar7
    Options
    I just put the system back together and pressed the power button and lights turned on and fans started spinning. I plugged in the hdmi to the motherboard port, I got a grey screen for less than a second and then it turned black again. Should I move the cord anywhere else?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monitor needs to be plugged directly into the video card, not the motherboard. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99