Budget Intel build for kid

Options
I want to build a budget starter PC for my 9-year old boy to do schoolwork and play Minecraft and Roblox. Is this good?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The Intel CPU you purchased doesn't have integrated graphics (indicated by the F at the end of the name of the CPU) so without a separate video card, you won't be able to get any display on the system. 

I'd recommend switching over to a Ryzen 3 3200G + compatible motherboard. The 3200G's integrated graphics are actually pretty decent, and definitely better than the integrated graphics that come with the Intel CPUs. I think it's definitely the better choice for a build like this. 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    If I had to make a recommendation, I'd lean towards buying one of our prebuilt PowerSpec's as a foundation, and upgrade from there in the future: https://www.microcenter.com/product/618836/powerspec-b244-desktop-computer. On top of saving money, you also get the 1 year manufacturer warranty with 48 hour repair guarantee as well as a year of complimentary technical support with our PowerSpec systems, should your son run into any issues with his system not working as designed.

We don't use proprietary components, so upgrading in the future is pretty easy. In fact, if you wanted to buy that as a base, and buy extra ram or a larger SSD, our service desk will install them for free if purchased alongside the system. Definitely worth a consideration, given your budget and the level of performance that is offered for the price.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99