AMD RYZEN 5 3600 High CPU FAN RPM and Constant at 4.1 Ghz speed

Options
Hi. I literally just bought a brand new Ryzen 5 3600 and a AORUS B450 PRO WIFI motherboard.
So i have built the PC today and right off the bat I noticed the amount of noise coming out of the fan. The fan spins spin very fast, then slow again, then fast again, then slow again and so on........ After using tools like NZXT CAM, CPU Z, HWINFO, Speccy.... The idle temp for my Ryzen 5 3600 is between 45-58c (whereas my old ryzen 5 1600 with the same wraith prism cooler have 35-40c idle). Also, the speed of the cpu is always at 4.1 ghz, but the processor's default is suppose to be at 3.6 ghz. Why is that? Im new at Gigabyte Aorus motherboards.  I tried installing AMD chipset drivers and changing power plans, the only one that work is the downclocked to 2.1 ghz (Power saver power plan). All the other options raises temperature and very high Fan RPM. I am using a Wraith Prism RGB cooler, not the one it came with. I tried updating Bios to F51 and does not solve the issue. Could it be the thernmal paste? I used Corsair TM30 Paste. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I googled it and its not a first time issue for people as well. I have attached a screenshot of how hot and how fast the fan rpm is. 

Hopefully someone can help me out, its a brand new build and i didnt get warranty. 

Specs:
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 CPU
GIGABYTE AORUS B450 PRO WIFI Motherboard  (it is labeled "Ryzen 3000 DESKTOP READY" on the box)
BIOS: Version F51
AMD Wraith Prism RGB Cooler
16GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 3200mhz
PowerSpec 650W 80 pluz Bronze

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The base clock is 3.6GHz, but it can boost higher as needed, so your clock speeds being up to 4.1+ are pretty normal

45-58C does seem pretty high for idle temperatures. The first thing I'd do is reapply your thermal paste and make sure the CPU cooler is nice and snug. Make sure when you re-do your thermal paste that you clean both the CPU and the bottom of the CPU cooler off. The way I always do it is taking some rubbing alcohol and wetting a cloth with it, then using the cloth to actually clean them. 

Fan speeds will fluctuate as your temperatures do, so if we can get the temperatures is order the fan speeds should be more normal. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99