Monitor not coming on

Options
Adria
Adria
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
My monitor won't come on when connected to the computers HDMI port and only one of my two monitors come on when plugging into the graphics card. I've been trying everything to get it to work. Could this have something do with it?: Device DISPLAY\ACR046F\5&16f5c07&0&UID12548 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @Adria! Welcome to the Community. 

If only one monitor is displaying my first thought is we need to make sure we download and install the graphics drivers, but it could be something else like a bad cable.

I found a G227 under your purchase history, and it looks like it has a GTX 1660ti in it. You can download the latest video driver from Nvidia's website here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/162105/

Download and install that, then restart your system. Make sure both monitors are plugged into your GPU and that you're only using one video cable per monitor and see if they'll both show up. 

If they're not, on your desktop, right-click the background then select "Display settings." Scroll down to Multiple Displays and make sure it's set to extend. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99