Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. Anyone have any suggestions on changing anything? I have a budget of 1800 and need some suggestions on any cheaper options for the heatsink and/or ssd.  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=1daef626-c787-4305-a181-f8efc39e6952

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @doggoman1! Welcome to the Community. 

You absolutely would not want a cheaper option for the heatsink if you're going with an Intel i7-10700k. The 10700k generates a lot of heat and unless you're not planning on overclocking it at all, the Hyper 212 Evo is underpowered for it. If you are planning on overclocking, then you'll want something more powerful like the Noctua NH-U14S, Noctua NH-D15, or a 240MM AIO liquid cooler. If you're not planning on overclocking, then you should just get the normal i7-10700 instead and save $60 since the point of buying one of the K Intel chips is the fact that they're unlocked and overclockable. 

$90 is the cheapest I could find for any 1TB SSDs we carry, so if you're looking to save cost there, you'll want to downgrade the capacity or just drop one of the two SSDs. 

What were you planning on using the system for? If you're just gaming, then you could easily save cost on the CPU by going with the i5-10600k instead. It has nearly the same gaming performance as the 10700k but is quite a bit cheaper. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99