My first build in 10+ years

Options
Bolski
Bolski
Name Dropper First Comment
edited August 2020 in Your Completed Builds
It was time for my 10 year old AMD Phenom II X3 720BE (purchased at Microcenter) to be put to pasture and replaced. Microcenter is near my home and had all the parts I needed to build my new gaming/developer machine and I went with the AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I had a budget and I was able to build me a new machine that should last me a long time. I can make them last. :smile:
It's not flashy, but it works.
What I purchased from Microcenter:
  • Corsair 110R Case
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
  • Gigabyte B450M DS3H microATX motherboard
  • G.SKillz DDR4 2x8gb RAM
  • ASUS nVidia GTX 1660 TUF Serries GPU
I already had a Corsair TX650M Gold power supply from my previous build so I used that instead. But I did get that from Microcenter as well. :smiley:
And sorry, no lights. Not sure how to convince the wife that those are necessary. :wink:

Comments

• AlexS
    Options
    Such a clean build.  Well done! 
  • Bolski
    Options
    Thanks @AlexS! I just need to replace those orange SATA cables with some black ones when I get the time. lol. I do need to get a fan power splitter as well so I can add another couple of fans to the front of the case I believe and maybe one to the top as well. Temps get around 70 degrees C at the most when playing games such as Witcher 3. Otherwise, idle it sits around 40. Stock cooler as well though so not bad with that I would think. :smile:
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99