First Time Build Help: Ryzen 5 B550 Build

Hey there!
This is my first time doing an AMD gaming build and I would love some advice. I put this parts list together, and I'm trying to figure out where I could possibly get the same level of performance for a better price tag. Any tips on storage would be appreciated; I want to have room for many different games, and it seems I have more than enough room for M.2s, 2.5" SSDs or hard drives. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=b8001ad7-17e9-4741-9853-47dcb134c555

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Honestly, this is a really good build all around and strong on the value category. The only major thing I would change would be upgrading the RAM to DDR4-3600 since that's the sweetspot for third gen Ryzen CPUs on memory speed. You could also go with a cheaper B450 motherboard if you wanted, but with the budget it seems you have here I don't think that's necessary. You also don't need those extra fans you included. The case you chose comes with three already. 

You have a lot of flexibility when it comes to storage and you'll be able to use both M.2 and 2.5" SATA SSDs. Our Inland SSDs are a good value overall and I'm a fan of the Crucial drives I've used. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99