Build now or wait for next gen

Options
Hello people of Micro center's community
I plan on building a gaming pc soon and want to see if I should build now or wait. As a little backstory, i am currently gaming on an old surface pro, and as it goes, it is very slow for gaming. It gets an average of 65 to 70 fps on Valorant which is my main game at the moment, but I want to play other games like GTA 5 which I own and warzone, which results in the question of build now or wait
I had a build in mind of 
b550 Aorus elite
Crucial Ballistix Gaming RGB 16gb 3200 CL16 kit
Power color RX 5700xt
Inland premium m.2 512gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200RPM

I plan on gaming 1440p 144hz as of now but might change to 1080p 240hz if it is worth it when I get a monitor

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The next generation of NVIDIA GPUs are right around the corner, so if you're willing to wait you could see what kind of performance and pricing they have, but that's the only reason I might wait. 

The build you have listed there would work well for 1440p gaming and it would handle any of the games you mentioned very well. 
  • thebman
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    The next generation of NVIDIA GPUs are right around the corner, so if you're willing to wait you could see what kind of performance and pricing they have, but that's the only reason I might wait. 

The build you have listed there would work well for 1440p gaming and it would handle any of the games you mentioned very well. 
    would it be worth it to wait to keep my system as a whole for longer or is lifespan not a huge impact anymore (want to have it for 6 ish years before I upgrade again
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thebman said:
    TSTonyV said:

would it be worth it to wait to keep my system as a whole for longer or is lifespan not a huge impact anymore (want to have it for 6 ish years before I upgrade again
    Well, no matter what you do, a system is only going to last so long. A nice mid or high end system will last for a few years before you start to really fall behind on your hardware. 

Whether you want to wait for the new GPUs is ultimately up to you and whether you think you're able to wait until then. I think no matter what you do you'll end up with a good system that will last for several years. 
  • thebman
    Options
    thank you for that advice. i will wait to build, but look for deals on the parts I will not wait for. (SSD, RAM, HDD, and Monitor)
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That sounds like a good plan! Let us know if there's anything else you need. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99