What game are you into right now? — Micro Center

What game are you into right now?

ryauryau admin
edited August 10 in Gamers
I used to play Battlefield 5, but lately it seems there's a couple of players running aimbots no matter which server I joined, so I lost interest. My 13yr old daughter recently started playing Overwatch on her Nintendo Switch that she received for her birthday. I was curious so I downloaded it and started playing, it's pretty fun. My favorite hero right now is Orisa, as long as a support does their job and heals me! :) What's your latest game obsession?

Comments

• Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn since it released on Steam the other day. Heard nothing but amazing things about it so excited to finally have a chance to play it. 

Orisa is a mainstay in Overwatch for me, although it's been a while since I played. Got burned out on it. 
  • I played OW when it first came out and was pretty efficient with Hanzo and McCree but drifted back to The Division after about a month.  

Right now, it's racing sim like F1 2020 and iRacing.  I just downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator so I'm going to try that out today. (You can get it on PC if you sign up for Xbox Game Pass for like a $1.00 for the month)  

$1.00 to try out Flight Simulator for a month?  Not too bad of a deal.
  • I'm always into DCS for one aircraft or another.  Right now the Raven One campaign by Baltic Dragon, based on the novel of the same name, is very good. All the campaigns by Baltic Dragon are really good especially The Enemy Within for the A-10C.
  • ryauryau admin
    I saw a warthog at the Dayton Air Museum a few years ago, really impressive engineering and amazing capabilities.
  • I've been playing Valorant as of late! I've played maybe one or two matches of CS:GO several years ago, otherwise, I've not played a game like it. I know several who have called it CS:GOverwatch, as it has a lot of similarities between the two games. CS style gunplay and Overwatch style hero abilities. I feel like it's a game with a massive skill ceiling, which is very appealing to me. It's also great to get a 5 stack of friends and have a good time.
  • LandShark said:
    I've been playing Valorant as of late! I've played maybe one or two matches of CS:GO several years ago, otherwise, I've not played a game like it. I know several who have called it CS:GOverwatch, as it has a lot of similarities between the two games. CS style gunplay and Overwatch style hero abilities. I feel like it's a game with a massive skill ceiling, which is very appealing to me. It's also great to get a 5 stack of friends and have a good time.
    Not a bad comparison, but I actually thinks it's far more similar to CSGO than it is to Overwatch than that nickname would suggest. Many of the abilities of the heroes just serve the purpose that grenades and other equipment does in CSGO, and the game doesn't really revolve heavily around the abilities/ultimates like Overwatch does. 
  • seems my go to right now is COD: Warzone and been playing Plunder. It's just kinda relaxed get some kills get kills, loot money and have fun. I've also got Fallen Order that's just been sitting I need to go ahead and play through but not had the time
  • im into flight sims been playing Allief Force Falcon 4.0 and BMS,  looking to get into Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.  Was wondering whats a nice not expensive machine i can get to run that,
  • cmac2173 said:
    im into flight sims been playing Allief Force Falcon 4.0 and BMS,  looking to get into Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.  Was wondering whats a nice not expensive machine i can get to run that,
    MS Flight sim 2020 is, from everything I've seen, difficult to run well. Even really high-end systems struggle to hit 60FPS in it. I believe that's partly due to optimization and partly due to the nature of the game streaming so many assets to generate its environments.

What kind of budget did you have in mind when you say "not expensive?"