1st Build - Please let me know if this all works together?

Options
Emmafrost
Emmafrost
First Comment
edited August 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice.  I have a 1070 GPU that I plan on using.  Any suggestions would be great!   I plan on gaming, mostly Tomb Raider, Civ VI, CK2, and MOBAs.
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=04609425-9e59-4d63-b54b-11b39c5ef0b2

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    It's a solid build all around. I noticed you included three motherboards, obviously you only need one. Of the three listed I'd probably go with the MSI board since it's the least expensive of the three. There's a couple other things I'd change as well, but otherwise it looks good. 

I'd personally go with a little beefier of a cooler for the 10600k, the NH-L9i you chose there is a low-profile cooler designed for lower-power CPUs. It would probably be okay for stock-only usage, but ideally you'd be overclocking since the 10600k is unlocked and it definitely wouldn't be enough for that. Personally I'd look at the Noctua NH-U14S and NH-D15, or an AIO liquid cooler like an EVGA Kraken X53 or Corsair H100i. I think I'd also go with the Fractal Design Meshify C instead, since it's got better airflow than the design S2. 
  • Emmafrost
    Options
    Hi Tony,  
    Thanks so much for your feedback on my two posts.  Yes, I had all three MOBOs in there so people could choose for me, haha.  Wasn't sure about that, but the MSI looks good and solid from reviews I read.  The cooler you are 100% correct.  I wanted the NH-D15 but my local Micro Center does not carry it right now, so I went with what they had.  I will make sure to buy the correct one for when I build.  Thanks for the case suggestion!  I'm all about airflow.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99