Lenova laptop camera not working properly

Options
Megan
Megan
First Comment
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
The camera on my new Lenova laptop is "on," but only showing blurry lights; it does not film me. I have checked the drivers and updated the software. The physical shutter switch is "open" as is the digital one from the control panel. I need my camera to work for job interviews.  Can anyone help?  TIA, Megan

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @Megan! I moved your post to Technical Support questions since that's a more appropriate category. 

If you open the Camera app on your computer, does it give any kind of error message saying it can't detect the camera or anything like that? If it's not, if you move your finger or cover the camera while its on, does the video feed change at all? Does it get darker or anything like that? 

Based on your description of the issue this sounds like a potential hardware problem. 
  • Megan
    Options
    Hi TSTony,
    Thanks for your reply.
    By camera app, do you just mean the Integrated Camera on my Control Panel?  It says everything is working fine.
    When I place my finger in front of the camera and/or turn off lights, the video feed changes...
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean if you just click your start button and find "camera" in the list of applications. If you're not on Windows 10 then you won't have that app. 

If the video feed is changing when you place your finger in front or change the lighting that means the camera is detecting something. The drivers should be working correctly then, and this would indicate it's a physical issue unfortunately. 
  • Megan
    Options
    Blerg.  Okay, thank you, Tony.  I'm on hold right now with Micro Center in Overland Park to see what it will take to get it fixed.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let us know if there's anything else you need!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99