Critique my build before i go purchase this

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=aef6cd00-94bf-4f2f-be26-85bd1c8f85aa

Please Critique my build before i make this purchase.  What changes would you make?  I would love an rtx2080ti but i cant quite justify the price nor is the availability of them right now great. Maybe for Christmas down the line.  Not sure of any of these specific parts or anything, so please feel free to recommend part swaps (Intel build) The CPU Cooler options on the micro center pcbuilder was limited,  the cooler  selected doesn't seem right to me.

Thoughts? Changes? Recommendations?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Looking to purchase this tomorrow while I'm near a micro-center for work (Otherwise 6 hours away normally)

Thanks,
Shark

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    It's a solid build all around except for one major thing I notice: your CPU cooler is way underpowered for a 9700k. That thermaltake cooler is maybe as effective as a stock Intel cooler at best. Ideally for a 9700k you'd use something like the Noctua NH-U14S or NH-D15, but even a Cooler Master Hyper 212 would be much better than the one you chose, so I'd at least recommend that as the minimum. 

You also don't need Windows 10 Pro unless there's some specific feature that only comes with Pro that you require. Windows 10 Home is fine for the vast majority of people. 

I also might go with an i5-10600k and a Z490 motherboard instead. Gaming performance will be close but you'll get the benefit of the newer Intel platform and save a little on the cost of the CPU. Either way you'd be happy, but that would be my personal preference. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99