Experiencing Repeated Windows Event ID 41 Errors (despite replacing PSU)

Options
Custom Built PC has been experiencing multiple, Windows Event ID 41 errors over the past few months.
PSU was replaced at the beginning of the week, following advice from online forums and Microcenter staff. Following installation of the new unit (SEASONIC FOCUS+ 750W 80+G), system operated free of this error for about 50 hours. The error returned, occurring twice within the last 12 hours, while the system was idling.

What other factors may be contributing to this error?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Besides replacing the PSU is there anything else you've tried? Redownloading drivers, restoring BIOS defaults and clearing any XMP or overclocking settings, reinstalling Windows, any temperature monitoring that you've done? Any extra details you can provide would be helpful. 
  • Event_ID_41
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Any drivers in particular that I should be redownloading, or should I just redownload every driver for core systems?
    Have not attempted BIOS restore.
    CPU is a 3570k running at default clock speed, and has never been overclocked.
    RAM has also remained at factory speeds, so I don't imagine XMP settings are causing the issue.
    (16GB of Crucial Tech BLS8G3D1609DS1S00 DDR3 RAM)
    Have not attempted to reinstall Windows.
    I am monitoring system temps via Corsair Link, and core systems (motherboard, CPU) are operating at around 40-42℃. CPU is cooled via a Corsair H100i AIO, operating at 30℃, and NVIDIA GTX 1070 (Zotac Extreme Amp!) graphics card runs at 37℃ while idling.
    Edit: for reference, motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Event_ID_41

I recommend to try a clean install of Windows 10.  A guide for that can be found here; https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2288/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-windows-10

If the clean install didn't work, it's likely a type of hardware issue that is causing your system to restart and create the Event ID 41.  We do offer a diagnosis service if you would like to bring it in to our service desk, otherwise replacing parts 1 by 1 would be my recommendation as it's hard to pinpoint the exact issue with this if it is a hardware issue.
  • Event_ID_41
    Options
    Thank you. I will perform a clean install and see if it solves the problem.
    I actually had this same issue a number of years ago, and brought it in to you all for diagnosis (circa 2015?). At the time, the techs couldn't find a fault with any component, or with the system as a whole. After putting the system on a dedicated circuit, and replacing the stock heatsink with an AIO, the problem subsided. The error only reemerged earlier this year.
    I was already planning a system rebuild later this year, so I'm not sure about going to the trouble of trying to replace parts 1 by 1.

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Gotcha, rebuild is the more expensive solution of replacing items haha but it does have quite the number of benefits.  

Hope you have success with the clean install and if that doesn't work, let the new build be problem free!  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99