New build having issues and unable to install windows OS, BIOS freezes

Options
Confirmd_Zeke
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Hello, I would appreciate any help that I can get, below is the current build that I have.
Mobo: ASUS TUF z390 Plus Gaming (WiFi)
CPU: Intel core i5-9400 2.9GHz - Basic cpu cooler that came the cpu
2 types of Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16 GB (2x8GB)
PNY XLR8 DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB)
SSD: Kingston 250GB
Fans: Noctua NF-P12 redux 1700 PWM 120mm 3 fans
Power: Riotoro Onxyx 750w power supply
The current issue I am having is that my BIOS screen freezes. the logo page comes up, I click on F2 to pull up BIOS and about 15-60 sec in, sometimes it varies, the BIOS screen freezes before I can make any type of changes. Got advice from microcenter tech and was told to disable the wifi connectivity, but I get the point where I can click on disable and then I cannot save as the BIOS screen freezes. I am not able to make any changes. would I need a better cpu cooler other than the default cooler?
These are the basic components that I am currently using. I have tried to use one RAM stick all 4 and still have the same issue with freezing. Any advice would be greatful.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @Confirmd_Zeke
    Freezing indicates instability. We need to determine the cause. First I would jump over to H/W Monitor and check your temps. If you're not sure about what you're seeing post a screenshot here. Second most likely candidate is RAM, You said you tested each stick individually and different types of RAM. Try this. Load the XMP profile, and then decrease the frequency to 2133, save and exit. Lets see if it stabilizes at 2133, withe the proper timings and voltage per the manufacturer.

Now you said you can't save quickly enough or possibly the BIOS will always try to freeze on save? Try saving via the hotkey, F10 typically on ASUS.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99