Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice.  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=d32f6191-6a02-485b-b833-1171b138e304

I will be having microcenter build this for me and I'm open to any advice or configuration since I basically built this off of what some others have suggested on various forums. Thank You!  

Below is what I need the machine for.

I'm a full-time stock trader and I put very heavy loads on my machine with multiple trading platforms, running other multiple programs, and a screen capture recording my screens during market hours. I’m a very heavy multitasker and put heavy loads on my machine. I will NOT be using this PC for any gaming. It’s strictly a work PC for heavy multitasking and stock market trading.

· If this helps the trading programs I use are Think or Swim, Scanz, Stocks To Trade, and Etrade Pro.

· I’m looking for a substantial, noticeable difference to my current build from April 2014 below. Currently, I experience jitteriness and lagging even after a clean install of Windows.

· 2014 Current Build:

Falcon F-52X
F-52 Cases: The Atlas with superior cooling
F-52 CPU/Processor: Artic Storm Air Cooled quiet cooling on i7-4820K Intel 4-Core CPU @ 4.2GHz
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (max 16GB memory)
Memory: 16GB DDR3 Memory
F-52 Power Supply: Standard Duty 650W Power Supply
Monitor Connections: 4 Monitors Supported -MaxView 630 display (2 video cards)
OS Drive: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO 81,500iops & 530MB/sec
Additional Drive(s): 1TB Standard Duty hard drive for daily backups

2018 Upgrade: AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB GDDR5 PCIE 1XDP 2XMDP

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    Greetings. Looking over your parts list and looking up what other users say about this for trading, I would say that will be basically a top of the line machine for that purpose. How many monitors do you run or plan on running? 
  • gms2257
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have 2 monitors. Do you think this is a good build for heavy multitasking as well?
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @gms2257
    Build looks good all around, it's certainly a step up in performance.  Main question would be about the monitors and the video card you selected. Whether it's going to handle that for you. You'll be able to do 4 1080P monitors on the 1650, you will need to daisy chain one or use an MST hub. Are you planning to keep the Radeon Pro WX 2100 in this new system to drive one or more monitors? If not keep in mind you can do that.

Regarding multitasking, I'll be blunt. You're buying a 16 core, 32 thread CPU. Yes.
  • gms2257
    Options
    Great. Thanks. I currently only use 2 monitors and they are not 4K. I had a 4K monitor hooked up to my pc in addition to the other 2 monitors and I didn't like it. The 4K was just too small and gave me a headache.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99