PC tier 2 product key inquiry

Options
Mida4
Mida4
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
For the tier 2 custom build service, are we required to buy the Windows 10 product key from you guys directly or is it OK if we supply you with our own product key that we already bought so you can still proceed with finishing the build?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @Mida4

You can supply your own key either at that time or later on. We'll install Windows 10 for you, it doesn't require a key to be installed, and then you'll be able to activate it with your license once you pick it up.

• Mida4
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Also if the key is provided at the time of build, will you guys also do stuff like driver updates and other updates to the PC as well?
  • Ian
    Options
    Yes, they will be able to do that. 
  • Mida4
    Mida4
    First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the answers so far guys :D a few more questions and I should be set! If there an item isn't in stock at Microcenter, are we allowed to bring in our own parts we bought from a different store, on top of the parts we also bought from Microcenter in the same day, so they still accept and assemble everything too? (the seasonic power supply in my list just went out of stock last night :(

Also is the build service fee applied before or after sales tax? Or is it like a flat rate overall with no tax in it?
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Yes, you are able to bring in parts from another store, just know that we do not hold responsibility for any damage that item causes to the other parts if it were say a Power Supply or an All In One Cooler.  Do keep in mind, the manufacturer warranties on these usually cover damages like this. 

The service for the build will actually be on a separate transaction that is ran by our service desk.  The buying of the parts will be done through our regular cashiers.  The service for the custom build will also be taxed.  
  • Mida4
    Mida4
    First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ah I see then. Just curious but how long does it usually take for Microcenter to restock their supplies (like power supply or GPU)?
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for when we will be restocking on that item due to current circumstances.  I recommend frequently checking our website and as soon as we get more in stock, it will update online. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99