Powerspec g162 Freezing

Options
Hey, so I recently bought an out of box Powerspec g162 a couple weeks ago. It was working great after I did a clean install of the OS until yesterday when it started freezing up while I was gaming. I ran diagnostics on the drivers, did a disk check, ran my antivirus, did my updates. CPU, GPU and memory didn't seem off. The issue began slow, would freeze for a couple of seconds and go long periods without occurring again. Now it seems like it is happening every few minutes.

I don't think it is a software issue but I am kind of at a loss, any insight would be appreciated. I am not really computer savvy, so I apologize for that in advance.

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @snurch

Have you updated or uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for the graphics card?  Is it just happening during games or does it happen anywhere?  
  • snurch
    Options
    Hello @snurch

Have you updated or uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for the graphics card?  Is it just happening during games or does it happen anywhere?  
    I gave that a try and it seems to have fixed the issue. Hopefully that was it! Thank you for your help!
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    @snurch

Glad that worked!!  Let's hope you don't have these issues again!  
  • Fractal_FN
    Options
    Hello, I can not figure out how to start a new question. Hoep you can help. Recently purchased a PowerSpec G358. The monitor is randomly being shut down and can not turn back on without a hardstart of the PC. We exchanged machine, bought a new monitor and still have the same problem.  My son thinks the cause is the Raydon 5500XT and that we need a new NVideo GPU.   My feeling is this is a brand ne machine and should work, can you help?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @Fractal_FN

You should be able to hit "New Discussion" on the right. Please start another discussion if you can. To address your problem though, first determine if it's freezing, or if it's just the display driver crashing. The next time this happens, tap shift rapidly. You should hear a beep for sticky keys.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99