PowerSpec G702 power and fans

Options
I purchased a PowerSpec G702, from Micro Centre, a few years back.
Currently, I am looking at changing the power supply. Mainly, I would like all the cables to be black. Hence, the reasoning. 
1. What is a recommended modular power supply (600 or more)?
2. The fans in the PowerSpec G702, can the colours be changed via software, etcetera? If so, how?
Thanks all. 

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @MrTee_Cup

For a power supply, we can pick a unit out, but I just usually shop for a good quality unit. Seasonic, Corsair RM series, EVGA, particularly with the Supernova's are premium units and will last you.

The fans on the G702 or LED only, they cannot be toggled. You can replace them with RGB fans if you like.
  • sbski
    Options
    My general advice is pick up a solid unit from a reputable brand. Corsair, Sea Sonic, EVGA, and a few others all have good units. For wattage I would say 600w is a good place to look for a lot of builds. Higher efficiency power supplies are typically more expensive but they do typically have better components. I personally like EVGAs gold rated power supplies. I have an EVGA G5 or G+ 850 and I've pushed well into the 700-800w territory on it before and it took it like a champ. I had a 5700xt red devil, R9 Fury Nano, and a R9 Fury X in a system with a 2700. All cards were overclocked and some back of the napkin math tells me I was pulling "a bit" of wattage. I do like corsairs digital power supplies because they allow you to make the system turn off if temperature gets out of where you want them to be. 
  • circatee
    Options
    sbski said:
    My general advice is pick up a solid unit from a reputable brand. Corsair, Sea Sonic, EVGA, and a few others all have good units. For wattage I would say 600w is a good place to look for a lot of builds. Higher efficiency power supplies are typically more expensive but they do typically have better components. I personally like EVGAs gold rated power supplies. I have an EVGA G5 or G+ 850 and I've pushed well into the 700-800w territory on it before and it took it like a champ. I had a 5700xt red devil, R9 Fury Nano, and a R9 Fury X in a system with a 2700. All cards were overclocked and some back of the napkin math tells me I was pulling "a bit" of wattage. I do like corsairs digital power supplies because they allow you to make the system turn off if temperature gets out of where you want them to be. 
    I am thinking about something like the one in the link below.
    Alas, I am still on the fence if I going to go that path, or merely stick with the Cable Mod cables I just installed (black and red). But, need some power cables for the SSD drives.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/503517/SuperNOVA_650_G_650_Watt_80_Plus_Gold_ATX_Fully_Modular_Power_Supply
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99