Assembly service inquiry

Options
Mida4
Mida4
First Comment
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
To schedule with a technician to build a desktop for me, where is the option to make an appointment time on the website? The only option I see is making a repair appointment when I clicked the "schedule" button for repairs even at the PC assembly tier link. The only thing I can also think of is when you are in the repair page is to choose "others" in the issue drop down button and say to assemble PC instead?

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Mida4

We do not have a current service for scheduling a build and picking it up.  You can however, bring parts to our service desk after purchasing them in store to have us do the build.  Pricing for the build can be found here; https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx 
  • Mida4
    Options
    I see. Also once I buy all the parts and bring them to the service desk, is it OK if I run outside store to my car quickly to bring some stuff I bought already (just some case fans and an SSD) so they can be added on too. Don't know how this would work if there is a queue outside because of covid where I can just skip the queue after getting my stuff or have to wait in line again. The other thing I was thinking was to bring my case fan and SSD into the store upon first entry but it might look like I'm stealing or something since I'm carrying parts and not paying for them at the desk :P 
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Mida4

I recommend speaking with the greeters by the entrance and they can assist you with options for getting this taken care of.  We should be able to help you!  

If it were me, I think it's fine just bringing everything in and dropping it off at our service desk.  Then shopping, purchase your parts, then heading out to the service desk.  
  • Mida4
    Options
    Oh if I choose the tier 2 assembly but don't have the code, are the people still able to download drivers/update and get everything fully loaded by using the "i dont have product key" option at that screen and I can just input the code once I get home? My code says it should be shipped today but it got delayed to tomorrow so probably won't make it on time for my afternoon visit.
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Mida4

Yes, our service desk can definitely do that!  
This discussion has been closed.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99