Inland Premium 2TB writing slower than advertised

Options
zena19
zena19
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
I purchased this product : https://www.microcenter.com/product/608649/inland-premium-2tb-ssd-3d-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive and I am running it with my Ryzen 7 2700x and MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard. After I got it, I cloned my old SSD and after running CrystalDiskMark, I see that I'm getting 3100MBps sequential read and around 1900MBps sequential write speeds. The read speed is fine, but the write speed should be closer to 2900MBps. Does anyone have any suggestions? It would appear that there is no way currently to reset the driver or update the firmware on these drives, or I might be mistaken. I've already tried to optimize the drive using Windows' built in tool, but that didn't help. Any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @zena19

Write speeds for SSDs can be hard to diagnosis and usually point to the SSD being the issue.  I recommend trying to eliminate the motherboard being an issue, I do see that this motherboard has 2 M.2 slots so you can try using the other slot to see if you can get it read.  One slot using the AMD Processor while the other slot reads it using the X570 Chipset.  

You can also bring this back to us and we can definitely take care of this drive under warranty.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99