Have problem with RX5700XT Red Devil card in ITX build

Options
I recently bought a RX5700XT Red Devil and a Gigabyte B550I pro ax, with an R5 3600. I put together the build in an NZXT H1 case, and it will not display anything. Went to family members house to troubleshoot. swapped my GPU for his which is a GTX760 and it works perfectly in my system. The weird thing is I put my RX5700XT in his system and it works. While using his GTX760 I updated windows and installed AMD drivers on the system. Swapped back the system and it will still not display. After about 2 hours of troubleshooting, we got it to come up once, it was very choppy. I tired to update drivers while it was on. It installed but after a restart. Can't get it back up again. Would like some help with this. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer

Answers

• ZoomZoom
    Options
    @TSMichaelB, Thank you so much. The PCIe was the issue. The Motherboard and GPU are PCIe 4.0 but the Riser cable was Gen3. It was such a quick fix I couldn't believe it. You sir are the best! I really appreciate the quick response as well. You have a good day. The Computer is working beautifully now. Thanks
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    ZoomZoom said:
    @TSMichaelB, Thank you so much. The PCIe was the issue. The Motherboard and GPU are PCIe 4.0 but the Riser cable was Gen3. It was such a quick fix I couldn't believe it. You sir are the best! I really appreciate the quick response as well. You have a good day. The Computer is working beautifully now. Thanks
    That is fantastic news! I completely forgot to ask about a riser, given most ITX builds now utilize risers for vertical mounts for a slimmer form factor. Happy to hear you were able to get to the bottom of it and resolve it. Should you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to reach out! Enjoy your system and have a wonderful rest of your week.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99