Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I'm looking to build a digital audio workstation, running Cakewalk's Sonar Platinum.  My current machine is 8 years old and just has way too much stuff on it, so I want a dedicated machine just for music production.   My budget is around $1500, but I'm willing to go slightly higher if neccessary, but cutting costs lower would keep my wife happy!  :)   Also, I have not included a case in this parts list, as I'm looking for something quiet, perferably designed for audio work, so I still have to research that more.   My questions are:
1) This system, based on the i7 10700K with Z490-A mobo fits my budget (slightly higher once I ad the case) of around $1500.  For pretty much the same price (about $45 less) I could go with an i9 9900K with the appropriate mobo (Z390-A).  Will the older i9 gain me any performance, or is it pretty much the same chip as the newer i7? 
2)  I will not be running any games (or anything other than audio programs for that matter) on this new build, so do I really need the graphics card?  Or can I add that at a later date if performance seems to be suffering?
3)  Lastly, any suggestions on a nice quiet case?  It'll need to fit the above list, plus a HDD coming out of my old machine with all my audio files on it.
Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings @stumpypete

1.  It's really close, performance wise. With the architecture gains, I'd stick with the 10th gen i7.

2. Looking into it briefly, it seems Sonar Platinum does use a GPU for screen and UI optimizations, but it's not using CUDA or GPU Offloading. I would not consider a GPU critical for you. 

3. I like the LanCool II. For a quiet case, you want a case with good airflow and good fans. A system running cool consistently will run the fans at a low RPM. Stick to cases with larger fans, 120, or 140mm.  Larger fan, more airflow, at a lower RPM, generally means it's quieter. 
  • stumpypete
    Options
    Thanks for your help!  I just reserved my items.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99