Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
realized in my zeal to replace my current low-end PC that's at is limits, i haven't had to think about PC parts for about 7 years at this point, so let's just say i have no idea what i'm doing anymore lol (ugh)
suggestions much appreciated! budget around $1500
- something that can decently handle any game i throw at it, i'm totally fine with a stable 60fps 1080p
- hard drive space *is* important to me as this would be for gaming, work, and personal use
- also looking for a 1600x1200 monitor and speaker recommendations (big plus if the monitor has built in speakers, trying to save desk space and my tone deaf self doesn't benefit from classy speakers lol)
think that's it? thank you!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings @alexcessive

It's a good build overall with a good choice on the board, power supply and GPU. I would swap the drive for an NVME drive and with your RAM go for 3600 on a Zen 2 CPU. You'll get more out of it.

For speakers the Logitech Z series are always great and reasonable affordable. I like the 2.1 Z313 or 623. For the monitor, that's an odd resolution these days. You don't really see 4:3 aspect ratio anymore. What's your budget?
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @alexcessive, welcome to the Micro Center Community! 

The build looks good, however you do not need the ASUS Blu-Ray drive as your case does not have any way of adding it.  Another thing I took off the build was the CPU Cooler as your Processor will come with one already and should perform the same as the one you are getting.  I do think 32Gb is a bit overkill but it's fine if you want to future proof.  
    https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=9262dd14-fb98-426e-8a3b-8e038981c6db

For the monitor, we do not carry any 1600x1200 monitors, as the 4:3 resolution isn't popular compared to the 1920x1080 which is 16:9.  I recommend the ASUS VP249QGR as it's a good priced 1080p Monitor with a 144Hz response time and it has built in speakers.  

• alexcessive
    Options
    thanks for the responses!
    the monitor size was just because that was my previous (very old, but very nice for its time) monitor's size, it died recently but *shrugs* i'm not married to the size and in fact really like the one @TSPhillipT picked out. it's also perfect for my budget!
    and i'm absolutely fine future-proofing with 32GB for that price, that much RAM is a freakin' dream come true compared to where i am right now and obviously if i can squeeze 7 years out of it as i have my current pc i'll be more than happy.
    thanks again for these suggestions!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99