Options
Hi, let me start off with the build
Intel Core i5-10400
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Edge Wifi
G. Skill 3200 CL16 16GB Memory
Asus Strix 1070Ti
Seagate Firecuda 500GB SSHD
Seagate Barracuda Computing 2TB HDD

My problem: Boots up fine, went into Bios, only thing I did was enable XMP for the RAM, didn't touch anything else. Everything on my computer should work, but I really haven't been able to do much because 1. Apparently I don't have wifi according to my Device Manager. 2. The ethernet doesn't even work. all I get is "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. 
I looked on the MSI website to grab a Bios update, and did that, nothing happened. I also followed some online suggestions to reset tcp/ip and dns cache and all of that winsock stuff. I've been working on this for 5 days, and I can't find any actual useful information. All the internet searches that turn up are like "Reset your IP", and it sounds so stupid, because I wouldn't call myself bad at tech, but all the pages that've been posted make it sound like the person searching all this information is stupid. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
I've done stuff like uninstalling the driver for ethernet and scanning for hardware changes, but that didnt fix it. I tried to put in a static ip address in the IPv4 protocol thing with DNS as well, didn't do anything. 
I also don't know what to do about the wifi. Cause I have the wifi AC hardware thing on the back, but the motherboard just can't read it for some reason or whatever. I can't get the wifi thing to show up, and I don't want to accidentally touch the wrong thing under the "Other devices".

Best Answer

Answers

• circatee
    Options
    This sounds very, similar to my issue. For the LAN, were you connecting directly to the router? If so, try it via a switch.
    I have an ASUS B550-F, just purchased earlier this week. When the LAN is connected directly to the router, there are no lights on the LAN, and it does not work. But, wait for it; connect it to a switch, and the LAN works. ASUS suggest an RMA. 
    Regardless, I wonder if your issue is similar to mine...
  • Hello @Andrew_Lee0521

Have you downloaded the Drivers from the motherboard's website?  Can you try downloading the LAN Drivers from a different computer with internet access and adding them to your flashdrive?  Then put the flashdrive into your current build and install those LAN Drivers?  Once installed, visit the website again and add the other drivers.  

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z490-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI#down-driver&Win10 64

Turns out it was just this. I hate google searching for tech related stuff.... every single search was useless.... Thanks a bunch dude LOL, everything fixed itself when I downloaded the updated driver.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99