How can I try monitor specs?

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor come holiday season and I'm stuck trying to figure out what specs I want. I'm looking at 144hz, 1440p, 27', freesync, and ips monitor as an upgrade from my 75hz, 1080p, 24', freesync, and ips monitor. I was wondering if there was a way I could test 144hz vs 60hz, 1440p vs 1080p for a 27' monitor, and maybe ips vs va. I know that right now in person stuff isn't very accesible, but if I went to a Micro Center near me in Chicago would I be able to get a visual demonstration of these technologies so I could best choose which ones I might want/need?

Edit: Further context, I was originally looking at just upgrading to 144hz, but decided that I might as well future proof. My three options are:
1. Cheapest 1080p, 144hz, freesync, ips, 24', 100x100mm vesa compatible for stand I'll probably get later.
2. LG 1080p, 144hz, g-sync compatible, ips, 27'
3. Cheapest 1440p, 144hz, freesync, ips, 27', 100x100mm vesa compatible for stand I'll probably get later
(Unless I finds VA just as good at IPS.)
Usage: I play AAA games and some esports, but also edit videos and 3d animate.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    We have a number of monitors on display, some of which are attached to systems so we might be able to demonstrate for you on some of the demo systems. I don't work at the Chicago store so I can't say exactly what setups we have available and what testing we can provide, but I think you should be able to get a rough idea.

Personally speaking I definitely felt the difference between 60 FPS and 144 when I first made the transition so I think it'll be worth it for you, especially if you play esports titles. I also think 1440p is the sweetspot for a 27" monitor, 1080p is a little low on pixel density at that size in my opinion. 
  • https://www.testufo.com/ to see the difference in refresh rate firsthand. It puts everything into perspective on a high refresh monitor.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99