5700XT or 2070 Super?

Options
I’m sorely tempted to buy the 5700XT because of its great price-to-performance ratio. On the NVIDIA side, only the 2070 Super approximates it in performance but costs $100 more. Both should power a 3440x1440 monitor decently (just single player games, Witcher 3, Metro series, etc.). 

My concern is all those reports of bugs and glitches associated with AMD’s cards and drivers. I understand there are workarounds and such (like undervolting) but I really don’t want to deal with that. Are AMD’s problems really that bad or is it exaggerated? I’d rather spend the extra $100 for a headache free GPU but only if it’s confirmed that the Radeon cards are indeed problematic. 

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Waffler

Working with technical support, we do get a fair amount more issues with the 5700XT than the nvidia GPUs.  I do feel like the 5700XT is great on paper, and fine if you are the type of person willing to troubleshoot/put in the extra effort to save a bit more.  Otherwise, I always recommend nvidia GPUs to my friends when they ask for build lists.  
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    I've heard that the latest drivers have helped resolve some of the stability issues with the 5700XT, but I haven't worked with that card in a while so I'm not sure exactly what the consensus is on that right now. 

You could always purchase the 5700XT and see if you experience any issues, and exchange it if so. We do have a 30-day return period. 
  • Waffler
    Options
    Thanks, that kind of decides it for me. I’m willing to spend extra for a trouble-free product (well, relatively speaking anyway). 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The 2070 Super is still a great card in its own right so I think you'll be happy with your purchase. Let us know if there's anything else you need!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99