First PC build...no idea what I'm doing

Building my first PC and I've watched a bunch of tutorials online. It looks pretty straightforward, and I have a decent idea on how to build a PC in theory. My problem is I am very limited in my knowledge of different motherboards, graphics cards, cases, processors and their compatibility.
Budget is 1000$ max, the most demanding games I would ever play would be COD/Apex Legends/Battlefield.  
Open to any and all suggestions, whether I am overpaying/not paying enough based on gaming needs....again I have very basic understanding of parts so any help is appreciated. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=4c00fd3c-7473-4e29-a70e-446e18e786cf

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    So there's definitely some stuff I'd work around on the build. When trying to maximize performance within a budget you really want to focus on the GPU, and with your CPU/board choice you've forced yourself into a pretty weak GPU. We can easily go with a cheaper motherboard, and opt for the Ryzen 3 3300X instead of the 3600X to save some cost and get a nicer GPU which will make a big difference for gaming. The non-super version of the GTX 1650 is a pretty bad value. We can also go with a different SSD to get more storage at the same price, or get the same storage at a lower price. I opted for more storage at the same price so you can keep more games on the SSD (although with COD in the mix... you still don't have a lot of room because of how huge it is). 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=4be02876-c45a-4870-8617-3756aaba527e

This is going to be a much more well-rounded build in my opinion, the 1660 Super is a big improvement over the normal 1650 and the motherboard is much more reasonable. If the CPU isn't available at your local store, you can easily go with the normal Ryzen 5 3600 instead which is still a fantastic budget option. 

The monitor you included is a pretty good option at its price so I have no complaints there.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99