Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
Ron_Dallas
edited August 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
This is my first time building a high end rig and I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. The build is for gaming (PubG etc..) as well as photo and video editing (Photoshop etc.).
My budget $2000 and I need help figuring out if I have met the following conditions.
  • Is the memory up-gradable in the future eg: from i7 to i9
  • I am getting 32 gb memory but would like the option to upgrade to 64 in the future
  • Can I upgrade the video card in the future
  • Will this support at least 3 monitors. If not what else do I need?
  • Are there things that I have here that I do not need?
I have done a lot of research online but there is a lot of conflicting or confusing info out there. Thanks guys.

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 36GHz Eight-Core LGA 1151 Boxed Processor CPU Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 3.6GHz Eight-Core LGA 1151 Boxed Processor
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi Intel LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi Intel LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
GSkill Trident Z RGB 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-32GTZR - Black RAM G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-32GTZR - Black
Thermaltake View 51 Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower Computer Case - Black Case Thermaltake View 51 Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower Computer Case - Black
PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply Power Supply PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 30 Graphics Card Video Card MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card
Inland Professional 1TB SSD 3D NAND SATA III 6Gbs 25 2.5" SSD Inland Professional 1TB SSD 3D NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive
Inland Professional 1TB 3D QLC NAND PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe M2 Internal SSD M.2 SSD Inland Professional 1TB 3D QLC NAND PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
Seagate BarraCuda 8TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gbs 35 Hard Drive Seagate BarraCuda 8TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" OEM Internal Hard Drive
Thermaltake Engine 27 1U Low-Profile CPU Cooler Heatsink Thermaltake Engine 27 1U Low-Profile CPU Cooler
Performance PCs Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease  - 1g Thermal Compound Performance PCs Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease - 1g
Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 3264-Bit - USB Operating System Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB
Cooler Master MasterFan SF240R ARGB 240mm Frame Case Fan Case Fans Cooler Master MasterFan SF240R ARGB 240mm Frame Case Fan
CyberPower Systems Standby Series 550VA UPS with 8 Outlets Surge and UPS CyberPower Systems Standby Series 550VA UPS with 8 Outlets

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    Greetings!

For the processor, you can only really upgrade to a 9900K with this build. Intel's newest line of processors is on the LGA 1200 socket, which you'd need a compatible motherboard for that. So if you want a little upgrade flexibility, you may want to look into that.

The motherboard selected can go up to 64GB of RAM.

You can upgrade the video card for sure, a 750W supply and the parts currently picked would be fine with a higher-end video card than what you have picked out right now. 

Yes, you can run 3 monitors with that video card.

Everything you have listed is compatible, I don't see anything you don't need from that parts list.
  • Thank you for this feedback. These are exactly the kind of answers I was looking for.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    One other thing to throw in here, that Thermaltake Engine 27 is not adequate for something like a 9700k or other mid/high end Intel processors like the 10600k or 10700k. If you don't plan on doing any overclocking you can get away with a Cooler Master Hyper 212, and if you are planning on overclocking I'd recommend something beefier like the Noctua NH-U14S or NH-D15. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99