Need Help Choosing Parts

I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. This is my first ever PC build, and I'm going for something capable of 1080p gaming with high FPS. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=c8524e64-696a-4a85-9678-9b10011f1539

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Looks like you've put your budget about $600? It's a good build but there's definitely one thing I'd change. Instead of the Ryzen 5 3400G, I would highly recommend the Ryzen 3 3300X instead. 

The 3400G is a special case due to it's pretty-good integrated graphics that allow for light gaming, but since you're using a dedicated video card you won't be using the integrated graphics and you'd be better off with getting a CPU that's more powerful. The 3400G is actually built on AMD's Zen+ architecture from the second-generation Ryzen processors, whereas the 3300X is on the newer Zen2 architecture and has much improved single-core performance which will translate to better gaming performance. 

The SSD is a little small depending on the games you're playing. A lot of modern titles are pretty huge so you won't have a lot of room if you're trying to play a lot of different games. You may want to consider adding an extra 1TB HDD or going with a little bigger SSD to allow for more room. 

Build is solid otherwise. 
  • Thanks for the feedback. 
    I currently have an old Dell optiplex with an external 500gb hard drive with some games installed as my gaming rig, I barely get 60FPS on Halo MCC at 720p. I won't be playing too many modern games, but this will double as a work PC, which will entail web browsing, and some light productivity software. 

Looking on Micro Center's pc picker, I don't see any option to add the 3300X in this build. Does that mean I should look elsewhere for this part? Or should I just disable the compatibility filter? Thanks so much for your help! 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2020
    It's probably just out of stock at your local store currently. If you manually search it it will still show up and you can add it. If it is out of stock we should be restocking fairly soon since they're pretty popular products. 
  • Awesome, thanks so much for all your help!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99