Can this laptop card be upgraded? Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-52-526C

Options
Purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-52-526C a couple of years ago thinking I would never game again, I'm 60 and low IQ when it comes to tech. Playing the Quake series and the Unreal series. It appears my graphics card may be too light. Is it possible for MicroCenter to upgrade the graphics card in this laptop? Please let me know. Thanks.
Bill

Answers

• I'm answering my own question, no, it is not upgradable. According to other sources, it is soldered. Please respond if my info is wrong. Sorry to bother. Thanks.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Your information is correct! Most laptops are designed in this way and do not have upgradeable GPUs (or CPUs). And it's not a bother! We're here to help and answer questions! Let us know if you need anything else. 
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-52-526C a couple of years ago thinking I would never game again, I'm 60 and low IQ when it comes to tech. Playing the Quake series and the Unreal series. It appears my graphics card may be too light. Is it possible for MicroCenter to upgrade the graphics card in this laptop? Please let me know. Thanks.
    Bill
    No, can't upgrade GPU in laptop (most of the time, check a tear down to see if it's discrete). However some laptops allow a external GPU outside of the laptop to drive the display. You can upgrade the CPU (at least in most laptops) check a tear down video to confirm.

Lesson learned, never get a laptop, can't upgrade it much.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99