First Time Build

Options
This is my first time building from scratch. I am going to be utilizing this desktop for first person shooter gaming, light video editing, and general computer browsing/work. I would like to run COD Warzone at high graphics and receive 1080p/144hz refresh with at/or above 100FPS. Not sure if I am dreaming here or what. I have some room in my budget for improvements just not gigantic room. Maybe up to $300-400 more. My kids will also be using this for gaming on their steam account. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=d3e1a90b-52f8-425c-ac57-55b51e761eca

Please let me know how you think I will fair and if I should change anything or if I am sounding uneducated lol. Thank you all. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Pretty solid build all around, only thing I'll say is that with NVIDIA announcing the new RTX 3000 series video cards we're likely to see some big changes in GPU pricing when those hit the market (mid-late September-October). I would wait and see what cards will fall into the $400 price category before making the purchase because we could be getting some really nice value in the near future. 
  • SteveT
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Pretty solid build all around, only thing I'll say is that with NVIDIA announcing the new RTX 3000 series video cards we're likely to see some big changes in GPU pricing when those hit the market (mid-late September-October). I would wait and see what cards will fall into the $400 price category before making the purchase because we could be getting some really nice value in the near future. 
    I saw they were coming out with new series of cards soon. Are they still doing the 90 day trade program? If so, would it make sense to just purchase one of their current ones that is equivalent to the 5700XT. Which NVIDIA card would currently be close to the same?

Also I wasnt sure about the CPU. Is that good enough or should I go with the Ryzen 5 3600XT or even the Ryzen 7 3700X? Picking the CPU was the hardest part for me, not sure why. Worried the current one selected wont quite be good enough. Thank you for the quick reply as well. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The CPU is fine, I would not recommend purchasing the 3600XT as the performance gain is minimal at best. In fact, you could just go with the normal Ryzen 5 3600 and you won't really lost performance, maybe 1-2% in the worst possible scenario which would be unnoticeable. 

We have a 30-day return period, I am not aware that we've ever done anything like a 90-day trade in program.

The NVIDIA cards that currently compete with 5700XT are the 2060 Super and 2070 Super in terms of price and performance. However, that's probably changing. Based on what NVIDIA announced, the RTX 3070 at ~$500 is likely to perform better than the RTX 2080ti, or very similar, for a far lower cost. The RTX 3080 is potentially double the performance of the RTX 2080. I would expect that the prices of NVIDIA's 2000-series GPUs will drop significantly and we may possibly see even the RTX 2080 Super as low as $400, but we won't know for sure until products hit the shelves of course. It's speculation right now but there's I don't think there's any way they could continue to sell the old cards at current pricing when the new ones come out. 
  • SteveT
    Options
    Thank you for the help with the CPU and sorry for the confusion with the GPU. EVGA offers a 90 day step up program where if you buy the current model GPU and an upgraded model releases within 90 days you only pay the difference of the two. I was under the assumption that EVGA is the same as NVIDIA cards. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, I see what you mean. EVGA is one manufacturer who does NVIDIA cards yes, I wasn't aware they had a program like that. Other manufacturers might as well? But I'd have to do some research on that. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99