New to the site but not PC's

Options
How's it going everyone? You can call me Enamelized, I'm an older gamer that's bounced back and forth from consoles to PC for years. I play FPS mainly but do try other games along the way so at any point I can play some COD, Apex, Anthem, PUBG, Destiny2 just really depends.
  I've currently got an Xbox One X, Xbox One S Forza Edition and now 2 RIG's. I've been transitioning back into the PC gaming world and just recently finished up building a RIG to use for some gaming. I managed to pick up some parts here and there and put it all together finally. Really looking forward to the new 30 Series cards to pick up a 3080 for it. Specs for the RIG are as follows:

NZXT H510 custom painted
NZXT 850 Fully Modular PSU
Aorus Z390 Ultra
Intel i7-9700K
G.Skill Trident RGB 4x8 32gb 3200mhz
MSI RTX 2060
MSI MAG AIO 240MM
AddLink M.2 1tb
Intel Optane 16gb
Black/White cable extensions

Other RIG was a prebuilt that I've upgraded some components

iBuyPower Trace941
650 PSU
Asrock Z370
Intel i7-8700K
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8 32gb 3200mhz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Elgato HD60 Pro
Corsair Hydro Series RGB H80i v2 AIO 120mm
Samsung 500gb M.2
WD SSD 240gb
WD 1tb SATA
3x Corsair LL120mm RGB Fans
3x ThermalTake RGB 120mm Fans
White cable extensions

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look and saying Hi

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Solid build all around! I'm pretty excited for the 3000 series as well. Depending on what we see from reviewers for performance numbers (and AMD's future response with RDNA2 video cards) I may be in the market to upgrade again. 

Do you know exactly what kind of PSU you have? NVIDIA is recommending a 750W power supply for the new RTX 3080 and 3090. Usually PSU recommendations overshoot the real requirements a bit so a good 650W will likely be enough, however until we get real-world performance numbers from independent reviewers we won't know for sure, so you may just want to keep that in mind. 
  • Enamelized
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Solid build all around! I'm pretty excited for the 3000 series as well. Depending on what we see from reviewers for performance numbers (and AMD's future response with RDNA2 video cards) I may be in the market to upgrade again. 

Do you know exactly what kind of PSU you have? NVIDIA is recommending a 750W power supply for the new RTX 3080 and 3090. Usually PSU recommendations overshoot the real requirements a bit so a good 650W will likely be enough, however until we get real-world performance numbers from independent reviewers we won't know for sure, so you may just want to keep that in mind. 

I've got a NZXT 850 in the new build so should be alright hopefully
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    850W should be more than enough. 
  • Enamelized
    Options
    that's what I'm hoping, I've just got to make sure that I won't have any issues with my mobo and the new GPU. Otherwise that'll be another purchase I'll need to make
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldn't be any issues. PCIe devices are backwards compatible and GPUs are included in that. 
  • Enamelized
    Options
    Thanks for the insight, I do appreciate it @TSTonyV
  • Felicity
    Options
    that's what I'm hoping, I've just got to make sure that I won't have any issues with my mobo and the new GPU. Otherwise that'll be another purchase I'll need to make
    I'm sure you figured this out by now but,
    They did their benchmarks in the presentation on pcie3, not 4, and even historically x8 vs x16 has not been a huge problem for average resolutions/240hz. I pretty much saw within margin of error benches. 850w will be plenty as well, I am running a corsair one. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99