Fps cap

Options
Bugs
Bugs
First Comment
I own a PowerSpec g706 and this game called black desert online only gives me about 30 fps. My friend has the exact same prebuilt computer and runs the game with 90-100 fps. I have not messed with any settings beforehand and have redownloaded the game on both steam and the BDO launcher itself. I have checked nvidia control panel and nvidia profile inspector to make sure my fps isn't capped by vsync/gsync as well. I have messed with almost all settings and I was wondering if you guys had any solutions for me. Thank you so much. P.S. monitor is 144hz

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Bugs

Checking gsync/vsync that you've already done would be my first thought here. Does running the game in windowed vs fullscreen make any difference? Do you have any other monitors connected to your system, or is this the only one? Also, you said your refresh rate is 144, confirm it's set to 144 in the Nvidia Control Panel.
  • Bugs
    Options
    Unfortunately, any setting I put BDO under, whether it is highest graphics or lowest graphics with both windowed and fullscreen, I get a cap of 40.
  • Enamelized
    Options
    Are you using HDMI or Display port for your connection to the monitor? if HDMI try using the DP and see if there's a difference
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    There's a few things that can cause stuff like this. 

Make sure in the NVIDIA control panel, under manage 3D settings, that your power management mode is set to balanced or maximum power so your GPU is set to be fully utilized. You may also want to clean reinstall your graphics drivers: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2858/how-to-roll-back-or-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10

Right click your desktop background and go to Display Settings. Under Display Settings look for Display Adapter Properties, then under the monitor tab make sure your refresh rate is set to match your monitor's native refresh rate. The NVIDIA control panel should normally be able to take care of this but always check to be safe. 

Does the issue happen with any other games?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99