Help Choosing New GPU.

Options
Hey, So i built a ryzen 7 1800x System with a bottleneck gpu GTX 970 since i had won a brand new one at that time. Now with RTX 30's series out i feel like i should upgrade.  My mobo is not pcie 4.0 so 3070 is out of question unless i upgrade that too.. ! Any recommendations under 30-35k INR?

Thanks!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Even though your motherboard is PCIe 3.0 the new video cards will still work with it. PCIe 4.0 is backwards compatible with PCIe 3.0, and in fact if you look at NVIDIA's performance details they were all tested with an Intel i9 system. What that means is that their testing was actually done on PCIe 3.0 since the current generation Intel chips do not have PCIe 4.0 implemented. 

I'm not sure about the pricing conversion, but any of the current mid-range GPUs would be a substantial upgrade over a 970. GTX 1660 Super, RTX 2060, RX 5600XT, RX 5700XT, etc... and with the RTX series around the corner I'd expect some of these cards to drop in price. 
  • Medish
    Options
    So i can go for 3070? My mobo is Asus Rog Strix B-350f. Also I hope my Ryzen 1800x won't be a bottleneck after the upgrade.( Uno reverse lol) 

Thanks. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, provided you have an adequate PSU a 3070 should be just fine. 

The 1800X shouldn't be a "bottleneck." If you want to get technical then there are faster CPUs that would provide better FPS, but if you're always chasing "absolutely 0 bottleneck" then you'll never be satisfied, because the reality is that there's always something that could be faster unless you always upgrade to the absolute top-tier hardware every single year. Especially if a CPU upgrade would eat into that GPU budget, I would definitely recommend just getting the good GPU now. 
  • Medish
    Options
    I have 650w. PSU. nvidia product page suggests bare minimum is 650 but i suppose they say a little more just to be sure.
    And thanks i shall post my build after i get 3070(probably founder's editon) as i am upgrading my Cabinet as well.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manufacturer recommendations for a PSU typically overshoot the actual requirements by a bit. Unless you have a really BAD 650W PSU that should be just fine for the 3070
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99