Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
About 2 years ago I had a starting Gaming PC built for me as a Christmas gift, and I been looking at eventually having my own built to keep up with today's requirements. I have a general idea of what I parts I want to use, but I want to keep a budget of between 1500-2000 with an emphasis on spending the most on a good Motherboard/CPU and a Graphics Card.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    A budget of $1500-2000 is pretty nice and will let you put together a pretty high end build. Do you already have a good monitor and a mouse/keyboard?
  • AspiringBuilder1
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I currently have a HP Pro Display P201, and I have a Red Dragon S101 Keyboard/Mouse set. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That looks like a 1600x900 monitor at 60Hz, so we should definitely go for a nice monitor as well. It doesn't do you any good to get a nice high end system if your monitor doesn't let you actually use all that hardware. 

I'd do something like this:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=ff30339b-3cc0-436a-962d-e013be6ed2f7

The 2070 Super in that build is just a placeholder. With the new RTX 3000 cards coming soon, I think $500 is a good price-point for the video card and the 3070 is going to slot in right around there, which is what I would recommend going for, or see what the current cards look like pricing wise when the next cards hit the shelves. Paired with a 10600k which is probably the best all-around gaming CPU at the moment you'll have a really nice setup. 

We fit in a 27" 1440p/144Hz monitor in as well, the monitor you get can be flexible depending on your preferences, for example if you'd prefer a 24" monitor instead. 
  • Monitors I ain't too picky with as long as they work with the software, And at 1750 that looks like a good priced build. Only thing I would wonder is if AMD is still a good CPU to use instead of Intel
  • Also, my other question is, I know there is a store in the Twin Cities which is about a 5-hour drive from where I live. Say I eventually build up the funds to buy the same parts and I go out there in person to check out the store to see what you have. Would it be possible to have it built on-site?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The Ryzen CPUs are definitely good, I have a 3700X in my own build. But in terms of raw gaming performance Intel still wins in that respect, AMD tends to take the crown either in performance per dollar or in multi-threaded performance. 

We do offer in-store builds at the service desk, which can sometimes be done same day depending on the scope of the build and how early you come in/how busy we are. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99