Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. are there any sacrifices i can make to reduce the price? i still want ti to be a mid to high end gaming pc but if this is as cheap as i can go then i understand.  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=70f4a0c2-18e6-4426-99df-1f3b147d923b

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings @yolo

Good build overall. Assuming you're trying to save without sacrificing performance the only fat to trim is the motherboard. If you're not overclocking and don't need any specific features of this board, you could save $40-50 on a lower end board.
  • yolo
    yolo
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings @yolo

Good build overall. Assuming you're trying to save without sacrificing performance the only fat to trim is the motherboard. If you're not overclocking and don't need any specific features of this board, you could save $40-50 on a lower end board.
     Hello @TSMikeW

I would like to at least be able to play games like squad at 1440p 60-80 fps, i plan on getting the 3070 when it comes out (i picked the rtx 2070 super because it was about the same price and required about the same amount of watts) and i know it should be able to accomplish that easily. i also play games like valorant where fps matters so a decent cpu is required i think.

One more thing, I have a prebuilt pc (i learned the hard way to never buy one again) but it has a decent processor (AMD Ryzen 5 2600) but it lacks everywhere else, im thinking i can use the mother board and processor and ram leaving $1342. The parts that i need are the GPU, PSU, 1TB SSD, Case and Case fans, ($830). I can take off the new case and get a couple of fans instead of 5 fans for a total of $740 and i can wait for Christmas sales i should be able to get what i need for relatively cheap i hope. I'll just have to get the accessories such as the better keyboard, better monitor, ect. at a later date.

Thanks for all of the help Mike :) and sorry for the confusion.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    What kind of prebuilt PC do you have, do you know what PSU is in it? Depending on what PSU you have you may be able to keep that around as well. 
  • yolo
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    What kind of prebuilt PC do you have, do you know what PSU is in it? Depending on what PSU you have you may be able to keep that around as well. 
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-3600-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-black/6362427.p?skuId=6362427
     this is the exact pc except the processor is the AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    That doesn't offer any information about the PSU unfortunately, but with an RX580 it's probably a 450W or 500W PSU which is usually good for budget and mid-range cards. We don't know what the power draw looks like for the upcoming RTX cards yet, but NVIDIA is recommending a 650W PSU for the 3070. 

In reality manufacturers usually over-shoot recommendations to be safe and you may be able to run the 3070 with a 500W PSU but we don't know for sure until we get more information from reviews. 
  • yolo
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    That doesn't offer any information about the PSU unfortunately, but with an RX580 it's probably a 450W or 500W PSU which is usually good for budget and mid-range cards. We don't know what the power draw looks like for the upcoming RTX cards yet, but NVIDIA is recommending a 650W PSU for the 3070. 

In reality manufacturers usually over-shoot recommendations to be safe and you may be able to run the 3070 with a 500W PSU but we don't know for sure until we get more information from reviews. 
    you may be right here, 
    this article says the radeon rx 580 uses 190 watts of power under load:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asrock-phantom-gaming-x-radeon-rx580-8g-oc-review,6.html#:~:text=This is Guru3D's generic power,power supply unit as minimum.

4:00 this video (i have no idea if this is reputable) says the 3070 only uses 220 watts under load
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMvrT3vrEbs&t=243s 

with a 30 watt difference im sure i would be ok using my current PSU, thanks!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99