Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=7d250f3e-1660-44aa-8b2c-ccac442d099f

Hey everyone, could use some advice on this build. Budget is around 4k dollars and I put the graphics card in as a place holder for the rtx 3080. I mainly play World of Warcraft. Mainly I’m trying to optimize the build. Faster CPU? Do I need more fans? A different case or cooler you like better? Things like that.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    MMOs tend to be very reliant on single-threaded speed for your CPU, so I'd say you're on the right track with the 10700k and if you're mostly/only gaming, I think that's the appropriate choice. The 10900k is technically better if you want to stretch your budget that way, but it's very close. If you opt for the 10900k instead, I'd probably bump up to a 360mm AIO liquid cooler just be on the safe side. 

A 3080 should be way more powerful than WoW would need, even at 3440 x 1440 on that monitor you chose, but at the budget you listed it's the obvious choice. Of course if you play things more graphically intense it'll be nice to have anyway. 

I would personally go for a different case more focused on air-flow because ideally you'd be overclocking the 10700k and temperatures are very important when overclocking. The Fractal Design Meshify C would be a good mid-tower option, but this does come down to preferences. Other good options would be the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh or Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

• Thank you!!!! After your advice I started looking at a better case. What do you think about the Phanteks P500A?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Thank you!!!! After your advice I started looking at a better case. What do you think about the Phanteks P500A?
    The P500A is definitely a good case and one I'd recommend, we just don't carry it sadly. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99