Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=154cbddc-996d-4881-b43b-0c0aef288781
I am especially interested in cooling, I've heard pros and cons of both types of cooling.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    In regards to your question about cooling, liquid vs air is really about preferences and what you're wanting to spend. High end air coolers compete well with AIO liquid coolers in terms of performance, but if you need something more budget friendly air has more options at lower cost. That said, the 3900X comes with a decent stock cooler so you'd want something high end to get a meaningful upgrade. 

What are you using the PC for?
  • Three of us in the house are gamers.  The games I play aren't that video intensive but I think what the boys play are much more graphics intensive.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you're mostly/only gaming as your most intense use, I think we can swap some stuff around for a better overall experience. The 3900X is a great CPU, but it's really a CPU designed more for multi-core intensive work and you can easily save some cost with something like a 3700X. There's also no need for Windows 10 Pro unless there's a specific feature it has that you 100% need. Windows Pro is really for professional/business use. 32GB of RAM is also overkill for gaming as the primary use, 16GB is plenty. 

There's some other minor ways to shave off cost here and there like a 650W PSU instead of 850W, since 850W is pretty overkill, and a cheaper M.2 drive. 

I noticed you didn't include a case in the build as well so we need to make sure to put one in. 

Is your overall budget about $2000? Taking the suggestions I made into consideration, I put this together:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=6891b609-dee3-4441-a9c9-ab6041c7813d

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99