Lg monitor “fastest” setting is pixelated on ps4

The response setting “fastest” for my monitor won’t work without being pixelated on ps4. I am wondering if there is a setting a need to change on the monitor or ps4, I’ve tried most output settings, but still motion blur/ pixelally. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    What's the model of your monitor? 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Okay. Do you know what resolution your PS4 is set to? If you're running at 1080p, then you will likely get a little bit of pixellation regardless because the 27GL850 is native 1440p and pixel density at 1080p isn't great at 27" in my opinion. Especially if you're sitting close. 

When playing games on my PC at 1440p I don't notice any pixellation, but when I run something like my Switch on it at 1080p on the same monitor I definitely notice a bit of pixellation and jagged edges because of the change. 

• https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl850-b

Basically, that setting determines how much voltage the liquid crystal is being heated with so that they change colors faster. This is called overdrive. 

This site recommends you set it to 'normal' for 60hz.

>Incredible response time at 60Hz, better than most 144Hz monitors, which is great news for console gamers. Unlike the Overdrive setting at its max refresh rate, the recommended setting is 'Normal'. It has significantly less overshoot than the 'Fast' and 'Faster' settings and motion looks the clearest.

>
    The 27GL850 has an outstanding response time at its max refresh rate of 144Hz. The recommended Overdrive setting is 'Fast' as it has the least amount of motion blur, but there's still some overshoot in darker transitions. If that bothers you, the 'Normal' setting performs very similarly, but the response time is slower in all transitions, resulting in a bit more blur

I don't know if the PS4 actually can do more than 60fps, I assume no, so 'Normal' or maybe 'Fast' at max. You will get that overdrive blur no matter what; there is no getting around it. It's called 'ghosting'. I can tweak the hardware settings in my monitor to get the maximum overdrive possible (ff in hexa) and it actually hurts my eyes, but looks like you're on some wild peyote or something. You do not absolutely need to be at 'faster' strictly; I run fast (or, in benq language, AMA @ high vs premium or off, for 'i have no idea they made it up'). Sometimes the ghosting is bad. It's okay at 240hz/fps though. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99