Building first intro gaming PC. Beginner

Options
Due to COVID-19 and staying indoors so much more I have been looking for a new hobby. I have always been a casual gamer and thus don’t buy every gaming console and don’t want to ether. So I though building a gaming PC would be a new hobby for me.
I want to keep the PC under $1000 and I have been trying my best to figure out the best combination of parts for what games I want to play on my PC. I don’t think I will like competitive multiplayer online games, the game that sparked this interest was RDR2. So I’m thinking I’ll be playing a lot of single player campaign games.

I am having a hard time figuring out what motherboard to pick because I don’t know if I will upgrade parts in my PC if I find out I really liked this hobby 
So far I have picked : 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Video Card/ graphics card: MSI- GeForce GTX 1600 Super Ventus XS

Ram: G.Skill- Ripjaws V 16GB (2x 8GB)

Power Supply: thermaltake- smart BX1 550 W Bronze

SSD: will be using my current solid state in my Laptop which is 1 terabyte

Case: Will be an ATX Mid-Tower 
Please add on any other suggestions for extra equipment or any changes you think would be needed for this build. Thank you for your help!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    You're on the right track. I think the Ryzen 5 3600 is the best value for a build around this price. One thing to keep in mind is that with the RTX 3000 cards hitting shelves soon, we'll see some price cuts on the current lineup so that ~200-250 price point for the 1660 will likely have some more powerful cards showing up there, at least I hope it does. 

As for your motherboard, you don't have to be that picky. Most any B450 or B550 board should work just fine, just check reviews and make sure there's not some particular problem with a specific model. There are quite a few boards around $100 that should fit well into your budget. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99