Pc crashes when installing display drivers

Options
So i played all day and when i got off, the next day i turned my pc on ans it wouldn’t boot up properly. It kept going in a cycle, trying to repair it and it wouldn’t be able to repair itself. I restarted it and would just shut off and keep going through the cycle. I uninstalled windows and reinstalled ans worked fine up until i tries installing the drivers. It started doing the the cycle where it tries to repair itself but doesnt work. Anyhelp please ? Ideas?

Answers

• Felicity
    Options
    A few things you should include in help requests:
    system specs
    driver version
    windows version
    what card, what method are you using to install drivers, etc. 

there's one possibility: the new nvidia drivers are messed up, you should try installing older drivers, saw so many reports of problems moreso than other ones especially for crashing/bsods

other possibility: you are overheating

another: improperly set bios settings

another: your installation drive is corrupted or needs to be reseated

another: reseat ram and cpu and everything

that should cover most problems
  • Felicity said:
    A few things you should include in help requests:
    system specs
    driver version
    windows version
    what card, what method are you using to install drivers, etc. 

there's one possibility: the new nvidia drivers are messed up, you should try installing older drivers, saw so many reports of problems moreso than other ones especially for crashing/bsods

other possibility: you are overheating

another: improperly set bios settings

another: your installation drive is corrupted or needs to be reseated

another: reseat ram and cpu and everything

that should cover most problems
    My friend installed older nvidia drivers but as he was doing it, it crashed. And continued to boot loop. He thinks that it could be the graphics cards thats dead. Could that be it ?
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    Options
    what precisely happens in the boot loop? I do know that some people were still having problems even after downgrading, but I'd have to go look at the forums again
    Do you have onboard graphics? Can you try just running it cpu only?
  • Felicity said:
    what precisely happens in the boot loop? I do know that some people were still having problems even after downgrading, but I'd have to go look at the forums again
    Do you have onboard graphics? Can you try just running it cpu only?
    It isn’t an onboard graphics card. Well for starters it grabs the wrong boot, i have to manually boot it up. When im able to get into windows aftwr reinstalling it, tha graphics card doesnt even ahow up in the settings, my friend belivew the graphics card is dead but ive only had it for a month so idk
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you're able to boot into Windows, I'd suggest doing a clean uninstall of your drivers, then a fresh download and reinstall. 

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2858/how-to-roll-back-or-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10

That will help narrow down if it's actually a driver-related problem or something else. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99