Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
BWM
BWM
edited September 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
This is my first computer build. I am looking to set up a PC for gaming (mostly triple-A and FPS games) and for data science (budget: $1700).

My main question is about part compatibility. The video card I have selected does not show up for selection unless I disable the compatibility filter.  What parts do I need to be concerned about when it comes to compatibility? Any advice, in general, is welcome too. Thanks.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=8d7f2e8a-04c2-4bec-bf5b-ec9b0e46d8a0

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Everything is compatible, don't worry about that. However, I do have a couple suggestions. First is going with DDR4-3600 memory, since that's the sweetspot for third gen ryzen. Second is I'd personally go with a better PSU if you're putting together a high end build like this. Something like a 650W EVGA Supernova. You also don't need that CPU cooler, the 3900X comes with one in the box that's pretty decent.  

Also, the RTX 3000 series cards are hitting shelves soon, so if you can I'd definitely wait to see what kind of pricing we'll get with the new cards. Current models should drop in price a fair bit. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99