Need Help Choosing Parts - New 3080 Build

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=2b1189ec-8465-4ea9-929c-5528afbc72a6

Old computer is giving out on me so I don’t want to wait much longer for a replacement.  I’m looking for a solid gaming PC that will last a while ideally playing at max settings.  The video card is a placeholder for a 3080 releasing later this week.

i have never assembled a computer before and have no idea if I need any additional fans, thermal paste, or any other fundamentals.  What do you guys think?  Anything missing or obvious changes to make at a similar budget?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Well the first thing is that you're missing a CPU cooler. You'll want something decent paired with a 10700k. If you're  NOT planning on overclocking, something like a Hyper 212 will suffice, if you are planning on overclocking you'll want something beefier like the Noctua NH-D15 or a 240mm AIO liquid cooler. Otherwise it looks solid if you're pairing it with a 3080. 
  • Wisdom
    Options
    Great, thanks so much!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99