Is this build ok? First time builder

Options

Is this build ok? Are these components compatible? I have an extra case i was going to use. My plan was to add a 650watt power supply.

I am a moderate gamer and looking to upgrade my system. My ex roommate used to build my systems but he moved to Florida.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 Super SC Ultra Gaming Dual-Fan Video Card (SKU: 055152)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X Intel LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard (SKU: 833046)

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (SKU: 046177)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 3.6GHz Eight-Core ((SKU: 831438)

Thermaltake UX200 ARGB Lighting CPU Cooler (SKU: 093526)

Dan

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Everything in the build is compatible, although the video card is a bit of a mismatch with the CPU. I'd shave off some of the CPU budget and drop to 16GB of RAM and invest in a more powerful video card if it were me. 

• If i have the video card already, i can drop to 16 of ram. Leave the cpu as is or change that to what?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Usually a build with a 1650 Super would be something more budget focused and I would've recommend something like a Ryzen 5 3600 and then upped the GPU to something like an RTX 2060.

You don't HAVE to change your CPU, it's certainly not a requirement, just my preference in terms of extracting the most value out of your overall budget but if you've already got the GPU then it doesn't really matter (unless you want to return the GPU). You can always upgrade the GPU later as well. That said, I'd personally choose the i5-10600k over the 9700k to get the benefits of a slightly newer Intel platform since the 9700k and 10600k are both extremely close in gaming performance. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99