Returning a GPU (long)

Options
sammy
sammy
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I recently (about 3 weeks ago) purchased a Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT from Micro Center with the 2 year replacement plan for my first build.  It's been giving me nothing but issues since I've had it. BSOD/black screen crashing has happened nonstop. It's happened more on some games than others, but it's super annoying that it's even happening at all (especially for a $400 card).  I've done research and it appears other people have also had similar issues with this card.  

I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and installing the newest drivers 3 times and it still happens.  I make sure Windows is updated at least 3 times a day, I've updated my BIOS, I've even ran a memtest86 test on my ram to make sure nothing is faulty. My power supply is fine (Seasonic 650w 80+ Gold) so that's not the issue. My CPU is fine, everything is fine.

My question is, could I return my 5700 XT for a 2070S (and pay whatever the difference is, preferably open box), buy the replacement plan on the 2070S, then once the 3070 releases next month, return the 2070S and buy the 3070 + replacement plan on that? Hope my question is clear enough. Thanks. 

Best Answer

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99