RTX 3080

BobaFoot
BobaFoot
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
My local store had 12. TWELVE. How do you mess that up that much? I understand limited supply and an increased demand. But TWELVE?! 

Comments

• I wonder what the supply is going to be like in the coming days/weeks.  I'm hoping it gets remediated... 
    Why would Nvidia have a hard date and then completely whiff on availability... not even having the flagship Founder's Edition card AVAILABLE...
  • BobaFoot said:
    My local store had 12. TWELVE. How do you mess that up that much? I understand limited supply and an increased demand. But TWELVE?! 
    I can understand the frustration. I wish it were as simple as being able to buy more cards from the vendor to better stock our stores, however any time we see a new process node (die shrink) for hardware, we typically see lower yield rates at first, causing a shortage of supply. If the manufacturers cannot physically produce enough product, it limits the amount of cards we can effectively purchase for our store inventory. Factor this in with the tech industry trying to source the same hardware worldwide, and you have a pretty solid recipe for a shortage. For now, the best we can do is provide a fair share of inventory to each of our retail stores and give everyone an equal opportunity to secure a card. It's also worth noting that online retailers were hit pretty hard with bots that were buying up the supplies as well, which is partially why we kept everything as first come, first serve.

With that said, you can rest assured that we will be doing our best to order more cards so that everyone can eventually get their hands on the new RTX 3000 series. It may take some time for everyone to get the card they want, but it will eventually happen.

In the meantime, take advantage of this opportunity by looking at third party reviews of each model of card to better narrow down your decisions on which model of the card you want. Remember to factor in VBIOS/PCB power limits if you plan on overclocking, PCB layout if you plan to buy a water block and thermal/acoustic performance if you care about silence. 
  • Appreciate it TSMike -- you guys are doing the right thing, for sure!! I'm just a little annoyed with the rollout by NVidia.
  • BobaFoot said:
    I can understand the frustration. I wish it were as simple as being able to buy more cards from the vendor to better stock our stores, however any time we see a new process node (die shrink) for hardware, we typically see lower yield rates at first, causing a shortage of supply. If the manufacturers cannot physically produce enough product, it limits the amount of cards we can effectively purchase for our store inventory. Factor this in with the tech industry trying to source the same hardware worldwide, and you have a pretty solid recipe for a shortage. For now, the best we can do is provide a fair share of inventory to each of our retail stores and give everyone an equal opportunity to secure a card. It's also worth noting that online retailers were hit pretty hard with bots that were buying up the supplies as well, which is partially why we kept everything as first come, first serve.

With that said, you can rest assured that we will be doing our best to order more cards so that everyone can eventually get their hands on the new RTX 3000 series. It may take some time for everyone to get the card they want, but it will eventually happen.

In the meantime, take advantage of this opportunity by looking at third party reviews of each model of card to better narrow down your decisions on which model of the card you want. Remember to factor in VBIOS/PCB power limits if you plan on overclocking, PCB layout if you plan to buy a water block and thermal/acoustic performance if you care about silence. 
    Is there anyway for me to know or get notified when new stock will be available? I live 40 minutes from the store in Overland Park, KS, so driving there before opening time each morning isn't reasonable.
  • BobaFoot said:

Is there anyway for me to know or get notified when new stock will be available? I live 40 minutes from the store in Overland Park, KS, so driving there before opening time each morning isn't reasonable.
    I don't believe there is a notification system in place, though I'll inquire to see if such a system can be implemented. For now, my best recommendations would be to add the specific product pages to your favorites (or the following link, if you want to see all available RTX 3000 cards as a whole): https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966937+4294808776&myStore=false

I'd also recommend making sure you are subscribed to our emails, as it's possible they may send out emails in regards to this product launch and the availability of the RTX 3000 series in general, especially if we start carrying new models. You can adjust your email notification settings here: https://microcenterinsider.com/pub/sf/ResponseForm?_ri_=X0Gzc2X=YQpglLjHJlTQGghNPnvyI3AMpzdX7zdATq3sgwr2sYWUDaVXMtX=YQpglLjHJlTQGoPjl1aYUBLJiwzg1gRl4yyPfEqzbzaSfnza&_ei_=Etna52KgJplwhKMdQbhEXcU

Make sure your ZIP code is listed as that will allow you to receive news local to your specific Micro Center store, and make sure the actual notifications themselves are enabled.

Lastly, keep an eye on our FAQ page on the forum and our social media as I am certain we will be keeping people up to date on any news & information surrounding this launch and the product availability in general.

ToastBoy said:
    Appreciate it TSMike -- you guys are doing the right thing, for sure!! I'm just a little annoyed with the rollout by NVidia.
    Hey, we appreciate you guys as well. I am confident once the supply issues are addressed, everyone will be satisfied with the GPU's themselves, as they've put up some seriously impressive numbers, which have no doubt inflated this supply demand in general. I personally will be waiting quite a while before I jump on the RTX 3000 series bandwagon, as I have a custom build theme planned, but need to wait for Watercool to update the Heatkiller series to support the RTX 3000 reference PCB. That and buying a home means I can't spend as much money on the toys I want, which means the RTX 3090 will probably be a Christmas gift to myself, lol.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99