(Closed) September Showcase Contest - VOTE for your favorite!

JS_MC
JS_MC admin
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited December 2020 in Past Contests

The time has finally come!

Our September build showcase contest submissions period has come to a close. Now the time for you to vote is here!
First things first, we want to thank you for all the amazing submissions so far this month! It wasn't easy to choose a top 5 from all the amazing submissions that we received.

Our staff has selected the top 5 from this month's build contest. Now's your chance to vote for your favorite!

Check out the posts below. (Click the images to go directly to their submission)

Game Room 3.0 - Player 1

Iceberg

Vader - Come to the Dark Side where anything is possible!

Cubism

D4KSYDE

Help us pick the Winners! (Vote Below)

We chose the top 5 based on the We've selected these five builds because of their uniqueness, aesthetic, great cable management, and the passion behind the builders. I know it's a lot, but we used these criteria as a guide for helping us choose what we thought to be the best! Now it's up to you to do the hard work in selecting the winner! Thanks for your help!

Voting will close on 9/25. Until that time, you'll be able to vote for your pick of the top 5.

The the grand prize winner will win a $500 Micro Center gift card, the second-place winner will win a $250 Micro Center gift card and the third-place winner will win a $100 Micro Center gift card.

For more info about this contest check our original post! September Showcase Contest

(Closed) September Showcase Contest - VOTE for your favorite!

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Iceberg
    Good luck to everyone!!
  • Cubism
    Why does this look like an Ikea Showroom contest?  :D
  • LastFoodBender
    edited September 2020
    Game Room 3.0 - Player 1
    I thought this was supposed to be an actual PC build contest, rather than based on gaming set up?  Seems like most of top 5 are all picked including the whole set up: monitors, accessories, room etc. rather than just the pc build.  Don't get me wrong they look awesome! But just defeats the whole purpose of the contest.  I accidentally voted for game room 3.0 while scrolling (how do I change vote?),  but I really think ICEBERG should win because his is actually about the pc build, which is what the contest is supposed to be about.  Your game set up and monitors, etc. shouldn't even be in photos.  
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Game Room 3.0 - Player 1
    Open-air builds are pretty rare around these parts and this one is done very well,  Player 1 has to be my choice this time around. 
  • BlazerBuddy
    BlazerBuddy ✭✭
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Iceberg
    There should be a contest where there is a strict budget, as all these people have multi thousand dollar set ups so giving them 500$ wouldn’t be as cool as giving somebody that only has 500$ Pc or 900$ pc. @TSTonyV
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Game Room 3.0 - Player 1
    I thought this was supposed to be an actual PC build contest, rather than based on gaming set up?  Seems like most of top 5 are all picked including the whole set up: monitors, accessories, room etc. rather than just the pc build.  Don't get me wrong they look awesome! But just defeats the whole purpose of the contest.  I accidentally voted for game room 3.0 while scrolling (how do I change vote?),  but I really think ICEBERG should win because his is actually about the pc build, which is what the contest is supposed to be about.  Your game set up and monitors, etc. shouldn't even be in photos.  
    Part of this contests description was how the PC fits into your full setup. These were the criteria:
    • Photo quality
    • Quality of description of the post
    • Quality of cable management
    • Uniqueness of build or theme
    • How the PC fits into the full setup
    So at least for this contest the whole setup was in consideration, but I understand where you're coming from. Feedback like this is definitely taken into consideration for possible future contests. 
  • D4KSYDE
    Can't believe my PC made it! Good luck to everyone! <3
  • D4KSYDE
    Dzucku said:
    tbh... my desk is totally from Ikea so guilty as charged lol
  • D4KSYDE
    Controller Gang vote for D4RKSYDE (and Wyld Stallyns and DC Comics fans!) lmao
  • All of these builds are wwwaaaayyyy more than anything I could even dream up, not alone build!!! I wish  I could give a vote for each one!
    Congrats to each of the finalist and I wish the best of luck to all!!!
  • Game Room 3.0 - Player 1
    @Manipulator They are pretty amazing and each in different ways! I'm with you, I wish I could vote for each of them!
  • Iceberg
    @TSTonyV What time does voting close on the 25th? And will you guys email the winner?
    @Cbreezy1101 Voting will close at 11:59 pm ET - 9/25. You're correct, we'll be emailing the winners!
  • Cubism
    pecosROB said:
    Dzucku said:
    tbh... my desk is totally from Ikea so guilty as charged lol
    You're not alone. ;)
    For studio/workstation setup - Ikea's furniture got it spot on.
  • LastFoodBender
    edited September 2020
    Game Room 3.0 - Player 1
    Game Room 3.0 - Player 1
    Part of this contests description was how the PC fits into your full setup. These were the criteria:
    • Photo quality
    • Quality of description of the post
    • Quality of cable management
    • Uniqueness of build or theme
    • How the PC fits into the full setup
    So at least for this contest the whole setup was in consideration, but I understand where you're coming from. Feedback like this is definitely taken into consideration for possible future contests

‐-----------------------
    I completely understand!  The only problem is that the entries being submitted ends up being about the whole set up.  The photos mainly submitted are the overall view, rather than the actual build.   From most of these post I can tell you how many monitors, etc they have, but I can't tell you much about their pc because there are either no close up parts photo, or none at all, or 95% photos of monitors, chairs, etc lol.  The voting versus random winners is much better though so thanks for considering what people are suggesting!
    The contest is now closed! Congratulations to our winners!
    First Place: https://www.microcenter.com/buildpost/3211/iceberg 
    Second Place: https://www.microcenter.com/buildpost/3348/d4ksyde
    Third Place: https://www.microcenter.com/buildpost/2995/cubism
    Look out for an email by Monday with next steps to claim your gift cards!
This discussion has been closed.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99